Business disputes are a fact of life. The use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is increasingly
more common in today’s business environment.
Arbitration, one of the forms of ADR, is a process whereby the parties to a dispute agree to select an
independent and impartial person to hear the facts of the matter and settle the dispute.
Benefits of Arbitration
Settling a dispute through arbitration can be advantageous in various ways, including:
- A resolution to the dispute can be obtained quickly and less costly
- Both parties consent to the selection of the arbitrator
- The experience of the arbitrator is known in advance to the parties
- The dispute itself and details of the evidence can be kept private and confidential
- The process is somewhat less formal than Court
As arbitrator our role is often to:
- Meet with the parties to deal with process issues including dates and locations for hearings and deadlines for
- Follow the arbitration agreement and the relevant statutes
- Hear the evidence and submissions
- Rule on any objections raised
- Render a decision based upon the evidence presented
Alan Zysman has acted as arbitrator on numerous occasions under the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan.
As a Chartered Accountant and a CA-designated specialist in Investigative and Forensic Accounting Alan Zysman’s
background and business expertise can be effectively utilized in an arbitration setting.
4646 Dufferin Street • Suite 7 • Toronto • Ontario • Canada • M3H
Telephone 416 410 - 8880
Copyright © Zysman Forensic Accounting Inc.